Treatment of depression
Depression is a painful psychopathological condition, which acquires a protracted, difficult character. Every year it becomes more and more common and already occurs in 20% of the population. This disease delivers suffering to patients and their close people.
Against the background of depression, social adaptation, learning ability and efficiency are sharply reduced, interest to life decreases. Danger of the disease in the suicidal tendencies of the patient. The disease clearly needs treatment, which you can immediately start from using modern methods in “Medlux”.
Treatment of depression: symptoms and treatment
A common pathology is not always easy to identify, because it hides behind a bad state of health, sleep disorders, increased fatigue, reduced mood. It often has psychosomatic signs. Depression must necessarily be treated, because of the insidious illness, the quality of life deteriorates, the patient loses friends, often loses his/her job.
Any course includes a comprehensive program – drug therapy, cognitive-behavioral methods and techniques. With the help of special medicines, the level of neurotransmitters and hormones is normalized:
- complex vitamins;
- means to improve immunity.
Professionals of our medical center gradually build individual programs taking into account the psychological and physical characteristics of the patient, which leads to a rapid improvement.
Signs and causes of depression
A depressive state is often a reaction to stress, a long traumatic situation. It arises because of life crises, problems at work or school, conflicts with relatives or friends. Depression affects all areas of health and is manifested by violations in such areas:
- Behavioral – passivity, narrowing of the circle of communication, unwillingness to participate in collective activities, suicidal actions.
- Physiological – violations of the digestive tract, sleep disorders, decreased libido, changes in appetite.
- Cognitive – violations of attention and memory, slowness of thinking, difficulties with remembering of something new.
- Emotional – self-flagellation, depression, anxiety, despair, a decrease in self-esteem and joyful experiences.
Types of depression
Classification of depression is divided into several forms. First of all, it should be mentioned that the disease can take a mild, moderate, severe form, depending on the severity of the symptoms. In addition, there are such depressions:
- It occurs in the patient at the same time, has a binding to certain months.
- It develops in young mothers during 1-2 weeks after childbirth. The reasons are hormonal changes, a sense of increased responsibility for the baby, severe fatigue.
- It is characterized by sharp mood swings. The stage of enthusiasm is replaced by depressive despair.
- It flows with attacks of psychosis, there is a break in connection with reality, nonsense and hallucinatory manifestations.
- Unsure and indecisive people suffer from it. It begins with a weakness and a broken state against the background of ideas about an unfair attitude.
- It features characteristic manifestations – gaining of weight, pronounced appetite, considerable drowsiness.
- It manifests itself in low self-esteem, constant fatigue, pessimism.
How to overcome depression?
Independently depression never passes and can go into neglected forms. Cope with pathology will help specialists in the medical center – psychologist, psychotherapist, neurologist, psychiatrist. For each patient a clear plan for identifying the root cause is developed. In the arsenal of doctors:
- modern pharmacological methods,
- cognitive and family psychotherapy;
- positive psychology;
- auxiliary medical procedures.
- somatic experience.
At the end of the transition to the program of post-treatment support.
Prevention of depression
To prevent depression, the most important thing is to follow the doctor’s recommendations. In our medical center, patients receive individual advice, but there are also general recommendations on the lifestyle that will benefit:
- Arrange the mode of the day. A full healthy sleep, exercise, walks and fresh air contribute to well-being.
- Learn to think positively and not get hung up on troubles.
- Communicate with people, who bring you joy more.
- At the first symptoms of approaching depression, as soon as possible to apply to specialists.
- Rationally eat healthy food, avoid fatty meals.
Experienced doctors of our medical center will help to quickly cope with relapse without the transition of depression into a protracted form.
Treatment of depression in the medical center “Medlux”
Highly qualified specialists, who work in the medical center know and understand all the subtleties of a depressed state. With complete confidence in success, you can trust them with treatment and diagnostics, for which a complex differentiated approach is used.
The specialists of our medical center brought the treatment to a whole new level. To improve emotional and physical well-being, pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy are prescribed:
- music therapy;
- art therapy;
The psychotherapist will help to discover the causes of the depressive state, teach you how to cope effectively with crisis situations and manage emotions. Do not ignore the signs of poor health, depression does not forgive negligence, the faster you will receive professional help, as faster you will forget about problems as faster you start to live fully and happily.